Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An Alternative? A Modest Proposal

I was just thinking, why should we pack up and go just because we get some people on here who do not know how to disagree with others without being rude, crude and abusive? Over the years we have had some good exchanges while respectfuly disagreeing with others. I don't see any reason that can not continue.

I for one, will not be run off by people who choose to revel in their ignorance. On occasion in the past I have been drawn in to some of the ridiculous strings that degenerated into name calling and insults. No more. From now on I'll just choose to ignore them, regardless of how difficult it may be, and pay attention to the people on this board that I respect.

It takes two to argue. If ignored, they'll just pack up and leave.

Re: An Alternative? A Modest Proposal

Thanks to those who have voiced words of support. It's not my intention to shut this Forum down. I continue to believe that it can be a valuable place for exchange of ideas and information. I am just going to stay out of the fray and dodge the brick bats. I will also try ~ without pointing fingers ~ to ignore the stupidity. It's really difficult at times.

do what the amish do

Shunning
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Shunning is the act of deliberately avoiding association with, and habitually keeping away from an individual or group. It is a sanction against association often associated with religious groups and other tightly-knit organisations and communities. Shunning has a long history as a means of organisational influence and control.

Re: Re: An Alternative? A Modest Proposal

Joanie, you have been an admirable example of patience and restraint in the face of some truely mean spirited stupidity. This forum has been a valuable conduit of information, and many have freely shared their expertise and knowledge to the benefit of many others. You deserve a huge thank you from all of us who have benefited from your generosity. For me personally, I believe a gentleman...or lady... does not engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!