Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Le Capitaine Accordions

Josh,
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Le Capitaine are made by John Roger. If that is him, he was affected by Katrina, and his house was quite damaged as a result. I remember considering buying one of his boxes before the hurricane, and I believe the price was around $1200. This is approximately 2 years ago. Again, I'm not sure if this is the same builder.
Maz

Re: Re: Le Capitaine Accordions

Danny Dyson makes Le Capitaine, out of Lake Charles. John Rogers nade the Cajun brand. Both guys badly effected by hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Haven't talked to Danny is quite some time (he made my C box about three years ago), but I think somebody posted a while back that he may stop building. That would be a shame. Really love the accordion I got from him.
I think I paid about 750 at the time, and heard the price went up yo just under a grand. Problem is, these days, the price of reeds and bellows has gone up so much, no one can make an accordion that cheaply any more. Maybe some time down the road if the Euro/Dollar thing turns around. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
Steve

I'm not sure about the builder either, but i think Le Capitaine Accordions are made by Danny Dyson out of Lake Charles. I bought some tickets for a box he made on Lake charles CFMA raffle and Danny Dyson seems to be the name for the builder. Again I'm not sure.

Re: Re: Re: Le Capitaine Accordions

Here yall go, try link- let us know if you guys find out pricing and availability it would pa bon to loose a builder.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Le Capitaine Accordions

Danny made the one I am using now. Wonderful instrument. He is a great guy. He may still make a few if he is asked nicely. You will be happy with the price and the quality. E-mail me and I will give you his cell number.
JB

Re: Le Capitaine Accordions

I have a fine box Danny made for me. He had been thinking about cutting back on building, so you need to give him a call and see what his buid schedule is. His number is on his website. WWW.lecapitaineaccordions.com

Craig

Thanks eveybody, I think I will give hima call.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!