Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Lessons on YouTube

Hey, you play guud!

Is there a way to download videos from youtube?

If not, would you mind sharing a copy of that Crowley 2-Step? Been wanting to learn that one, but couldn't find a starting point.

Dwight

Re: Re: Re: Lessons on YouTube

It's possible to download the files.
I do it with Mozzilla Firefox and a plug-in called
Video-downloader on a PC.
You can find both on the internet.
You get them like FLV files, so you need a FLV player to look at the movies or a converter to put them in another format like MPG or WMV.

I can forward it to you, it's in an MP4 format. Do you want the slow or the fast version ?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lessons on YouTube

If I can only get one, give me the slow.

I was thinking I could create my own slow one, but I'm not sure if anything I've got will handle MP4.

Thanks Rusty.

Dwight
zydeholic at yahoo dot com

Dwight,

If you sent me an e-mail, then I can post to you the slow or the fast or both version of the Crowley Two Step.
I convert it in a format that's works with the Windows Media Player.
If the files are to big, than we can I can sent them with yousendit.com

Re: Re: Lessons on YouTube

I'm thinking that it might be a good tool if I included links to such files from my cajun-accordion-licks yahoo group. That way people would have an option to tablature.

Are you ok with letting me include links to your files?

Dwight

If you don't have the firefox plugin, here's a web page that downloads the vids for you. Still need a flash player to view them, but there are many free ones available.
http://keepvid.com/

Steve

Any video I get, I want to be able to feed it through some software that I wrote, so I eventually need it in AVI, or MPx.

I see a video downloader plug-in, but its from SlovakSoft, which makes me a bit suspicious. Is this the one you use, and have your bank accounts been emptied?

Download Youtube videos from website

Hi !

I use the above link to download Youtube videos. Just paste the Youtube URL into the form and you get a download link to download a Flash video. ( .flv)
You need a Flash video player though. There are several freeware players available.

/Gunnar

Re: Download Youtube videos from website

That keepit.com link works the same way. There's a few web sites out there that work the same way - free. They all download the file to your desktop, and some you will have to add .flv as an extension.
I'm a Mac guy, so I don't know the names for the PC version flash to MP4 converters, but they are out there as well. I'm surer someone can direct you to a couple links.
Steve

Re: Re: Download Youtube videos from website

Any MAC compatible programmes out there? I have audio hijack..but no vid possibilities.

Glenn

Re: Re: Re: Download Youtube videos from website

The best free flash player for Mac I've found, is Whimpy Flash Player, available at:
http://www.wimpyplayer.com/
Basic, no bells or whistles, but doesn't crash like others I've tried.
To convert flash (.flv) to mp4. I use isquint, available for free at:
http://isquint.org
It's mainly for converting video for ipod, but there are settings that let you save the vid in a larger screen format. So far, I've found no clitches.
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Re: Download Youtube videos from website

Dwight,
Here's my link above (#1). I have posted several songs, some of which are in slow motion.
Let me know what you think. Have you seen Big Nick's site too (link #2)?
Maz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Download Youtube videos from website

Dwight, I tried sending a video to you last night but the wife's computer pooped on me. I'll have to send it from my work computer when I get back into town next week !!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Download Youtube videos from website

Thanks Rusty.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Download Youtube videos from website

Here is a link to accordion lessons on youtube, you can pick through Dwight.
Gary

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lessons on YouTube

Suspicious? OMG...
VDownloader:
http://comunidad.uem.es/epuertas/post/2006/06/01/como-descargar-videos-youtube-google-video-y-grinvi
VideoDownloader (Firefox add-on):
https://addons.mozilla.org/sk/firefox/addon/2390

Re: Lessons on YouTube

Thanks Steve for the heads-up on MAC friendly vid downloading.. I have yet to get it all working..but hope to soon..
G:)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!