Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Longhorn Accordions

Mr. Brisco is for real. He is originally from Church Point and retired from what is now Bayer in Bay Town TX. I see him and his brother every year in LeJeune Cove for Mardi Gras, but I have never played his accordion. Nice guy. Good people.

Cory

Re: Re: Re: Longhorn Accordions

Hey Josh,

If Cory knows him and vouches for him, he must be legit. If he replys to you, would you ask him if he minds posting a little more info on his products on this forum, that is, of course, if that is acceptable to him and to Joanie. And Dwight is right. he needs more clout in his website. One page just can't tell the story. Does sound like an interesting alternative, though, especially for us Texas boys.
JB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Longhorn Accordions

no reply from Longhorn Accordions yet but if he does I will definately ask him for more information.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Longhorn Accordions

As a guy who took one whole summer course at Universiyt of Texas, Austin, and who's neighbor mysteriously raises longhorns in Upstate New York, I am intrigued by the idea of an accordion with a profile of a longhorn imprinted on the face plate!

(I'm not sure that's what this guy does, but my imagination took over)
S'b'B

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Longhorn Accordions

What a great name for a Texas made accordion.
And isn't it good to hear of makers cropping up who you never heard of? As long as the quality is there.

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Longhorn Accordions

If you get a reply , ask him who does the tuning ?
Jude

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!