Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lyrics

A person could really drive himself crazy trying to make sense of the lyrics of some old songs. They so often were singing what they could remember hearing from unwritten songs, and often ad-libbed, just putting something that fit the tune.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lyrics

I think the moral is that the old folks can forget about him changing his clothes and hair and his modern ways...they can forget about the old times, that's all in the past.

I couldn't access the page you referenced for lyrics so I just wrote down what I sang. In case you are not that familiar with Cajun dialect, "Ca" in Cajun is many times used for "they." For certain verbs, "Ils" is used. "Apres" is used in the form etre+apres+infinitive verb= to be in process of doing the verb. Je suis apres jouer mon accordeon=I am playing my accordion. I think "en train de" is used in other areas to mean the same thing. I think I have heard "en train" used around here to mean "to be nearly or almost or about to" do the verb. Je suis en train d'aller. I am about to go or as we say in the south "I am fixing to go." This might not be exactly how every Cajun says or means things...it is real informal here.

1.--Ton papa et ta maman, ca me resemble pas trop content,
Et quand moi je passe pour te ramasser ils sont droite la apres me guetter.

2.and 4--Ca observe comme j'habiller et ca aime pas comme j'sus peigner. Il ya une chose que moi je connais, ca peut oublier le vieus temps passe.

3--Moi, j'vois pas quoi moi, j'ai fait; c'est juste de ca fait trop des idees. Avant ca casse notre amitie on va partir et s'echapper.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lyrics

Un gros merci Chris - j' t' souhaite de passer un très bon show- à Iowa!

Harlan

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!