Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
If you get stuck, let me know, because I have a couple laying around somewhere.

If you have trouble with Hohner, let me know. I took the spoons off my HA-114 years ago, but I still have them somewhere or other at home.

-David

Re: If you get stuck, let me know, because I have a couple laying around somewhere.

You say you took the spoons off-did you replace them with the same type of buttons as the Louisiana-made accordions? I sure wouldn't mind doing that if it's an easy modification.

Re: Re: If you get stuck, let me know, because I have a couple laying around somewhere.

Hi Keith,

I had a whole new bass box made, and the builder sent back all the old parts. I must say it was a worthwhile upgrade.

I was working with Charlie Ortego for that, but he is deceased. I know that Larry Miller has done the same thing for other people, but he has retired. But, I suspect that you could find someone to do it for you.

-David

Replacement Bass box for the Hohner Ha 114

Hi !

I replaced the bass box on my Hohner 114 with the bass box from one of these cheap Chinese accordions. It fit very well and took me about twenty minutes.
Never had any problems with it since.

Now my cheap Chinese box have spoon basses, but that don't bother me much :)
/Gunnar

Re: Replacement Bass box for the Hohner Ha 114

Thanks, guys,
I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anyone who can get hold of a bass box, meantime, I'll just keep on squeezin'

Re: What is a good replacement spring for a Hohner 114 bass side?

Well I talked with Hohner parts man this morning. He is suppose to send me a couple. I hope he wasn't just blowing me off telling he was. Bruce

Re: What is a good replacement spring for a Hohner 114 bass side?

Wow! Hohner came through, today there was 3 replacement springs for my box, free of charge. I'm glad I didn't have to haggle with the guy to send them. I got my box fixed in about 10 minutes and went and jammed on the street in a small town here. Got my pic took by the newspaper man who had never seen a Cajun Box played in Bluegrass Country. Bruce

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!