Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cajun Festivals

I am a huge fan of cajun music and hope to one day purchase a cajun Accordion.. I live in Mississippi and nobody and I mean nobody teaches that instrument in my area. I am 58...Do you think that is too old to start...Just for fun of course..I have a friend of mind who is a member of a local band in my area and him I love your band and the du-woop ladies you just added to the group..I said to him, the only thing that is missing now is a cajun accoudion. He didn't even comment..How sad that could bring a lot more interest to the band...I was hoping he would say... Why don't you learn how to play..That would be great to go with our band...Well so much for that one...Also i would like to ask does anybody know of cajun festivals coming up in May.. I live about 90 miles from Vicksburg, MS.. I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know and or the web site if avaiblable
thanks
Sid Aust

Re: Cajun Festivals

Sid,

Check out the second link above. Breaux Bridge is next weekend, May 4th thru 6th. Lots of music. Might have a hard time finding a place to stay there in town this late, but probably plenty of rooms in Lafayette.
I am 63 and didn't start until 57. Get an LA box right off the bat. Your choice.

JB

Re: Re: Cajun Festivals

Same here, fooled around with accordions for a few years but got serious at 53. Cant get enough of it! It is never too late and this forum is a great place to listen and learn.

Re: Re: Re: Cajun Festivals

And he only has to drive a couple of hours to get lessons.

However, I know how hard it is to keep going without others to play with.

Re: Cajun Festivals

well yea you too **** old too i allways wans one me but at my age im too old too ill be dead before i knowed how to plays good enouf to gets a band togeter best thang you can do is lisiten to it and save your moneys i dont thank you would geet much use of it teebooger

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!