Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: youtube video

Thanks for posting. It's all good.

Re: youtube video

thanks for putting that great Cajun music on youtube. Very special we can sit here in California and be there with ya'll stomping our feet.

Any news on rice sales, haven't heard a word yet.

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!!

Link #3, there's one to stomp the feet to!

Re: youtube video

I agree Bryan. One of the best video's ever. It seems strange to see Bois Sec so young. I go to the same church as him. He will be greatly missed once he is gone. But it is great to see his family keeping up with the music. Although his grandson and others in his family play mostly zydeco, I have seen them play old time creole music at our church bazarre and believe me, they can really get it done.

My mom likes to tell me a story about Bois Sec. When she was pregnant for me, my dad,her, my brother, and my grandfather were all sitting around barbequing. She said my dad and grandfather were pretty lit and my grandfather remembered it was Bois Sec's birthday and he was having a party at his farm. Mom said she got voted to be Desig. Driver and they all took off to his house. She said it was soooo cool to see her dad and some really good musicians just sitting on the steps jamming out. So while I have never actually met Bois Sec, I guess I have been to his house...lol..

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!