Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maz at the 2006 Balfa Camp

I just recieved a copy of the picture taken of Maz while attending the 2006 Balfa Camp at Chico State Park. The picture was taken and apparently included in an edition of the Ville Platte Gazette right after the camp. It re-appeared again last week in a special section highlighting last year's festivities.

Dowell Lafleur

Re: Maz at the 2006 Balfa Camp

He's got the fiddlers so amazed they quit playing to watch!

Re: Re: Maz at the 2006 Balfa Camp

even the bassplayer is confused, he`s playing the back of his instrument!

Maz what on earth were you playing?!

Wilfred

Re: Re: Re: Maz at the 2006 Balfa Camp

Well, let these other musicians do as they wish, I think Maz is having the time of his life - I wish I had been there.

Dowell

Maybe it was a fiddle only jam, and Maz didn't get the memo.

They have that look of awe. I figure they just couldnt keep up. Or maybe they were all accordion players Maz gave fiddles for the picture.

Re: Maz at the 2006 Balfa Camp

My wife doesn't like the picture. She said I have the face of a baby just before he poups
I don't know what the heck I was playing

Just call it "Bayou Poop Poop"

It doesn`t matter how you look, you were in the newspaper twice...

Wilfred

. . . and not in the obituaries nor the crime logs!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Maz at the 2006 Balfa Camp

I like Bayou Poop Poop....My buddy took a majority of those pictures for the Gazette last year. I told him to get one of me for my scrap book and the ******* put it on the front page big as hell and in color. I had all kind of people calling me and wanting me to play something. Try explaining that....I had just started playing like a month earlier and people were asking me to play Wayne Toups....just thought it was kinda funny. Maz, I could try to get the originals from him if you would like. They probably archive that stuff

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!