Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Outstanding!

Yes, quite sleep deprived, but it was absolutely worth it! Camp was amazing. I'm sincerely thankful for all those who make the camp what it is - to the staff and board of LA Folk Roots, the instructors, bands, staff, volunteers, state park system... to all the people who come to camp from near and far... truly a wonderful experience that I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to have participated in for the last two years. I highly recommend this camp to anyone who's interested in the music, culture, food, nature of Louisiana.
I'm sure there will be many pix to come - so far I've seen the ones on sfbayou.com. Hope people post more.
Saanen

Re: Were you allowed "seconds" of food?

Did they let you go back and get more food if you were still hungry? That was the only annoying part last year.

Wish I could have made it this year. I've been using the ole music budget to record an album.

Maybe I'll visit in Oct.

Nick B

Re: So, how was Balfa Camp???

Yes Braves, Balfa camp was a tremendous good time this year. Nick...plenty o' food was available. I picked up two biscuits at each breakfast. The musical line-up was stellar. During the week we saw/danced to Balfa Toujours, Steve Riley and the MPs, Geno Delafose, most of the members of Beausoleil, D.L. Menard, Jeffrey Broussard & the Creole Cowboys, Bonsoir Catin, Hadley Castille, Ray Abshire, T-Sale, Don Fontenot, the Lucky Playboys, Nathan and the Z Cha-chas...and more. The weather was terrific (it rained one day), the food was yummy and the new cabins are really impressive. A lot of first-time campers and a tremendous amount of energy at camp. Maz and Nick, we missed you both.

Rob K.

Re: Re: So, how was Balfa Camp???

I'm still biting myself for not going... but I had definitely too much stuff going on. I'm going next year comes hell or high water.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!