Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falcon Box on Ebay.

That's right! I forgot. Sorry, Don.

Hope you're enjoying your boxes. I'm sure Mark loves his.

Nick B

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falcon Box on Ebay.

I have to agree with Travis. I own a Martin Bb, and I manage a guy called Johnny Chauvin & the Mojo Band, he plays Falcons exclusively (2-2 key, 1-Bb).

When a reed gave a problem, I had to bring Johnny's box to Randy to fix it because we were playing that night in Franklin, so I got to sit and have a nice visit with him. I asked him about the well known subjects that comes up on here like the rounded corners on the fingerboard etc etc.

I used to think they sounded alike, but a Falcon has a sound that resonates. It's hard to describe, you just have to hear it. My next box will be a Falcon.

By the way, Travis, I design websites and do video work for a living, check out the 2 links at the top, one's my site and the other is the site I did for Johnny Chauvin . . so if ya need . . . .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falcon Box on Ebay.

Hey Nick:

I do love my Falcon...actually Falcons now. I have
a C, D, and a Bflat. Nick...missed you at camp this
year...and yes you could go back and get more food
this year. Mark

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Falcon Box on Ebay.

Mark,

Falcon(s)! That's amazing. I'm dying to playing one again.

I'm definitely satisfied with my two Savoys, though I don't play the A as much as I had hoped. My next purchase will be a Falcon D.

I had set aside some cash for a new accordion but my beautiful Martin guitar was smashed to bits while exiting a doorway. I purchase a Gibson J-45 acoustic as replacement/morale-booster.

See you next year for sure.

Nic B.

Re: Falcon Box on Ebay.

Where's the Martin now?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!