Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pine Leaf Boys article in NO DEPRESSION magazine ( May-June 2007 )

Just a tip off that the PLBs have made it to mainstream alt-country press.. in one of the best magazines around: No Depression ( which is from the Carter Family Song No Depression in Heaven..and has nothing to do with anything other than great ( mostly ) acoustic music )

The article is one page and called CAJUN COOL ... Wilson is quoted as saying " Dennis McGee was kind of a scary fellow for a 5 year old " when Wilson was first around the greats of Cajun Music..

Buy the mag.. get a subscription.. worth it.

Glenn

Re: Pine Leaf Boys article in NO DEPRESSION magazine ( May-June 2007 )

Great! It's about time they recognize the Cajun music renaissance.

It's one of my favorite music mags...

Re: Pine Leaf Boys article in NO DEPRESSION magazine ( May-June 2007 )

Hey, Glenn,
Thanks for posting about this. I hadn't heard. A friend of mine in TN just sent me the Southern Living with the big picture of Wilson jamming outside my dad's store in an article about Louisiana, but I hadn't heard about this. Great news!

Cheers,
Sarah

P.S. Oh, and Dennis WAS a totally scary guy. I'm surprised Wilson remembers him at all, but I was terrified of him. He used to sign dollars and give them to Joel and me (I don't know if you read my interview on Cajun Corner, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself here) if we would dance while he played a song and then kiss his cheek. He had those big yellow eyes rolling around and his tongue hanging out. His music was awesome, not like we knew that then, but really old people are VERY scary to most really young people...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!