Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they Cajun tuned?

when in doubt, just remember WWMSD!! Nick, I only smoke the old, roll em yourself, grow em yourself cigarettes....This is soooo funny!!!

What
Would
Marc
Savoy
Do?

hahahahahahaahahaha

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they Cajun tuned?

This is a great discussion. I woke this morning thinking I need to take up another habit to augment my accordion habit -- something I can do while playing and "huzzah!" I thought of taking up smoking; but I need a source for cheap cigarettes since expensive ones aren't very good for a beginner -- and if I wasn't very good at smoking them, the resale value would be difficult to recoup.

So I thought about some of the cheap, Chinese cigarettes. They are pretty decent little smokes for someone just wanting to start out. Now, nothing like a hand-rolled of course, filters are stiff and hard overall they are difficult to stay lit as compared to a better machine-rolled quality -- but for someone wanting to learn the basics and see if they would enjoy smoking, they are a great smoke. The only problem I seem to have before I begin to smoke is too much lung stretching and I'm always running out of air.

But, I think the Chinese cigs will be a breeze to smoke. The trouble I hear with the cheap smokes are that people tend to give them up too soon. I had a friend that smoked them for 3 years and learned just enough about them to be dangerous.

Ha.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they Cajun tuned?

GOOD ONE R!CK !!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they Cajun tuned?

I heard Gabanelli was coming out with a new type of cigarette. Also, I heard that the tobacco in some of the rollers cigarettes was imported from Virginia. Does that classify them as non-handrolled? I bet if Travis Matte smoked, he would have a type of cigarette between a cigar and a cigarette, you know, kinda hard to classify exactly what kind of smoke it is. Like a cigarillo, I guess. This discussion is really going to hell in a hand basket....Which leads into this. If each musician's music was a brand of smokes, what brand would it be??? I think Marc Savoy would be Camel (no filter) and Nathan Abshire would be Marlboro Reds....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they Cajun tuned?

HA! Travis would defintely smoke Kool.

R!CK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: are they Cajun tuned?

i`m thinking about installing a camelfilter on my accordion,Lord knows what you`ll suck up on those high pull notes...

wilfred

I double-strap them to my face.

Just to be safe.

Re: I double-strap them to my face.

you live a hard life.

Re: Cheap cigarettes online

Did someone say something about mitered "joints"?

(Sorry, couldn't resist ..)

Re: Re: Cheap cigarettes online

GROS INNOCENT, I think they were thinking of the Arriette.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!