Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Travis Matte & Robert Plant

You folks haven't got anything special, we are having the same discussions in the bluegrass world. Its amazing to me that what folks consider traditional was comtemporary in the past. Music is ever evolving in all genres and its hard to stay focused on what is the parameters of a certain type. I've mixed BeeBop and Ragtime into my bluegrass runs on the banjo and the (so called Traditionalist) give me dirty looks (mostly other banjo players)because that ain't the way Earl Scruggs did it. But hey as someone said everyone brings something to the table and fits it in somehow. Even though I wouldn't go out and buy a hip hop cut, or a Cajun/Creole/Zydeco version of hip hop or R&B I do have the choice of what I want to listen to. I wouldn't want my kids listening to such lyrics, but then again I think everyone is a product of their raising. I play alot of not traditional bluegrass type music and I understand that every musician is an artist and will bring their own special touch to a music genre. Bruce

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!