Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bonjour...I'm new and i've got some questions :)

Hmmm....this question keeps coming up over and over again! Braves who are regular posters here ~ if you'll email me the names of any/all accordion makers that you have DEFINITE contact information on:

1. Name of Maker
2. Brand of Accordion
3. Address
4. Telephone Number
5. Email Address

I'll create a permanent website page with the information and add a sticky post with the link to the page. Don't know why I didn't do this before!

Re: Re: bonjour...I'm new and i've got some questions :)

Hi Theo, last April 29 someone asked the same question. Here are some answers resulting from that. then. This blog contains a wealth of info pertaining to your question.

Here's list of some of the better known builders in Louisiana. You can google them for more details

Jay Miller (Grandson of Larry Miller) who makes the brand Bon Cajun in Iota

Marc Savoy in Eunice who make the Acadian

Cecil Fontenot in Ville Platte (only makes a couple per year) his brand is Swallow

Clarence Martin (Martin Junior)

Danny Dyson who makes the Capitaine

John Roger (Makes the Cajun)

Greg Mouton , Crowley, La. Mouton brand

Randy Falcon-Scott La. Falcon brand

Jude Moreau-Groves, Tx. Bon Temps brand

You've got a good start with these names, plus a link above.

We Need a NEW, COMPLETE List of Accordion Makers....

While the list done by Jim Meloche (who used to post on this Forum) does have some current names, it's very out of date at this point, as it's NINE YEARS OLD. This disclaimer from the site states ~

Adapted for this site by Jim Meloche (Since this information is over eight years old, please anticipate some problems)

A partial list of most of the-accordion builders in South Louisiana as of July, 1988, is included here.. Some are full time professionals, some are part time sideliners, while others are only hobbyist. Most will do tuning and repairs when needed.

I've received a couple of complete listings for current accordion makers. When I get about 5 - 10, I'll start work on the webpage listing them and make it a sticky so it's always available.

Please send COMPLETE and ACCURATE information to me at my email address listed above. Thanks.

Maz,
John Roger is no longer in Louisiana. Hurricane Katrina blew him over into Georgia to his daughter's home. I found that out when I was having spring problems. It's a shame he's gone, he was only 10 miles from me.

Very sad. Does he still build boxes?

Re: Re: Re: bonjour...I'm new and i've got some questions :)

I know he's doing repairs, but I'm not sure if he's building them in Georgia. his e-mail address is cajun1enterprises@yahoo.com

While hurricane Katrina blew us into Georgia we are doing fine guys. While I have not yet been able to replace all the tools lost I do plan to do so and start building accordions again in the very near future. In the interim I put my 2 cents in on the discussion page here and try to help those starting to build accordions on another forum. For now I am doing repairs on all types of acordions and belong to the Atlanta accordion club. I like to help those starting out and had an apprentice in my shop before the storm. For those who were concerned "Thank you very much".

Re: Re: Re: bonjour...I'm new and i've got some questions :)

Hi John

I don't guess I know you but I was so sorry to read about your business having been closed down because of the hurricane. I hope you'll get it back up and running again soon.

Warm regards...

to Sarah

Hi Sarah. We met years ago at something Randy Spirer did in New Orleans but we don't realy know each other. I am from Eunice and went to school with your father. He and I know each other well. Your father also knew my brother Vernon as he had done interviews with your father for features when my brother was news anchor and feature reporter for Channel nine in Baton Rouge. I still have family in Eunice and used to see your father and mother when they played in New Orleans at various festivals. We moved to the suburbs of New Orleans in 1966 and lived in St. Bernard parish. Thank you for your concern.

I've gotta Martin in C I am selling if you are interested. It's curly maple stained mahogany, with crawfish bellows. Would sell it for $1,300.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!