Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Slightly Off Topic - Wanted: Dance Photos from Balfa Camp

Does anybody have a couple of shots of folks cuttin' the rug in the big dance tent at Balfa Camp? I'm putting together a PowerPoint to get some interest in having a little Cajun/Creole festival up here and I'd like to give people an idea of what the dance is like.

I already have some good shots of performances and workshops from Andrea Rubinstein (thankyou Andrea!).

If you got a good one, fire it off to seblais.at.frontiernet.dot.net (replacing the "at" and the "dot", of course).

Merci!

Re: Slightly Off Topic - Wanted: Dance Photos from Balfa Camp

Steve: Check out Balfa Camp 2007 photos at canjuntunes.com. Lots of good photos and some short videos too.

Cool!!! I see there are a few pics of me in there.

I'm in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th pic. I'm the guy with the navy blue T-Shirt playing a redish guitar sitting in between Jeffery Broussard and Mike Tucker (guy in the red hat).

Blue Norther Steve,

Do you need photo's from this year?

I've got many photographs from last year that
I could send ..

--Big Nick

Big Nick

Big - last year's photos are fine. I just need a couple to give the feeling of a big dance floor full of people.

Thanks!

Pics from Balfa Camp '06

Here are above a link to some pics that were taken last year.
I wasn't able to open the link you sent (cajuntunes.com?),
Can you run it by me again please? I'd love to see pics of this year's camp.
Maz

Thanks to everybody - and John's URL works now

Between what's been linked above and a few emailed to me directly, I have a cornucopia of images:

THANKS AND THANKS!

Steve Blais

P.S. - I'll let everybody know if this little festival idea gets any traction with the local honchos.

Where are you Steve?

Where are you thinking of organizing a fest?

Re: Where are you Steve?

The festival would be in Hamilton, NY. If you do a mapquest search on Hamilton and zoom in to about the third button from the "+" symbol, the aerial image option will show you the Village Green where the festival would be held - east of Broad Street and south of Payne.

Right now I'm just thinking of it as a one-day, one-time thematic override of the Village's annual "Music Mix".

Steve

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!