Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Yes, I saw it too!

Yep, I saw the Cajun accordion & later, a rub board!

I wonder if we're going to see any "Braves" on Idol?

--Big

Re: Cajun accordion sighted on American Idol!

Lucky ones !!!
Here they only use musical instruments at the end of the competition.
Most of the time they use a tape for the music and they only sing a long with it or they just singing alone.

Wild! I can't believe! That's so crazy. I'm e-mailing Dad right now to tell him. Hahaha.

About the fiddler, the boys are pretty easy to tell apart. Wilson looks like Dad, Joel looks like Mom.

Re: Re: Cajun accordion sighted on American Idol!

Pertaining to the strong resemblance between Wilson and Marc, your mom told me some of her friends told her "Ann, we think Marc made Wilson all by himself".

Okay, so Joel just wrote back immediately and said that he hadn't heard about the accordion, but had been told that he was shown there.

I think they were fishing for cajun bands. Maybe they don't want just only exclusively mamby-pamby bluegrass boys signing up for their teevee show, with their funky little ties and shiny shoes and awl.

I think it was a secret subliminal thang to Johnny Ace that says "Put down thine banjo, and then take thereup yo own daggom accordeoon, and go upon the televisioon, and spew then thy notes." Same to you but bass guitar instayid of banjo.

I saw it too, it made me leap out of my chair.

Sorry bout the incommunicado thang, been outta pocket lately but I check now and then to keep up wee yawl. thanks for the nice note the other week -- i shoulda got back to ye.

jaytee

Ok enough name calling us bluegrassers! I saw that footage the first night, I thought it was possibly the Pine Leaf Boys? My guess is that a cajun or a bluegrass band either one don't even have a chance. They are looking for market value across the board. Sorry folks but in our kind of music we have a small market compared to pop music. Bruce

Ce c'est vrai. Bonne chance et merci.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!