Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jolie Blonde

Well, I think that many singers sometimes just sang what they felt like that night, and many times the words might change a little from time to time. Plus the fact many songs were sung from memory from the way they thought they remembered hearing someone do it. Until not too long ago the words were not written down so it was all from memory. Cajun music also seems to lend itself to add libbing.

Re: Re: Re: Jolie Blonde

John, I'm not from Germany.
In Dutch you can write "Bedankt"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jolie Blonde

Great, Ron! "Bedank" it is, then..I'll add that to my list of new ways to say "Thanks".
JB

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jolie Blonde

I love the way Dewey Balfa sings Jolie Blonde on his recording with marc Savoy and D.L. Ménard on the LP "Under a Green Oak Tree. His words are slightly different as well. Ever heard it? It's worth a listen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jolie Blonde

About my favorite version of Jolie Blonde is Dewey singing it during a live performance in New York with the rest of the brothers and Nonc Allie Young. The only place I have seen that recording is at Cracker Barrel restaurants.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!