Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: One for the songwriters

Another interesting question, Rick! I normally hear a song in my head as I'm writing it--at least I hear the rhythm and have an idea of how I want a couple of lines to sound. Then I start trying to put the rest of it together, just singing it different ways around the chords I'm playing. After that, when I bring it to my band, I normally have the accordion intro ready in my head. I sing that to David and he plays it, then works his own thing out. It's definitely a group effort, I'd say, at least for me.

Re: Re: One for the songwriters

That's cool to hear, Sarah! Yeah, having a band sure makes it easier to complete a tune -- speaking for myself, there.

I've been toying with the idea of taking the "song in my head/doo-dah" process a step further, by acquiring a software package that will allow me to lay down the rhythm track, vocals, accordion -- and (if possible)a guitar rhythm. I haven't determined what package would be best, but whatever [that] is, it would have the virtual samples of these instruments included -- basically having a virtual band in my computer. My only concern with that would be the learning curve involved in such a method. Plus, I'd need to upgrade my Mac hardware and acquire an M-Box or some sort of plug-in interface.

But I've got the gumption to do it.

It would sure be nice to have some of those raw ideas already hashed-out to present to the band. And for those they don't really warm up to, I'd have a comprehensive idea down for future revisitation.

S'Good...

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!