Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You will love this one.

Cat made out of African Serval.

Accordion made out of African Zebra Wood.

People call me Geppetto, round these parts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: You will love this one.

Is that a hybrid cat? Serval and domestic cat?

Awesome box btw!

Re: Re: You will love this one.

Hey Jon. Yeah, El Guappo's a hybrid. First generation, which means his father was a full blooded 50 pound serval and his mother was a bengal cat (which is some other weird hybrid of a asian wild cat and a domestic cat). So technically he's 75% wild. Sweetest cat I've ever had. He's more like a dog than a cat. He's a companion and doesn't act prissy like regular domestics.

The only reason I have him is because a lawyer up in New York couldn't keep him any longer. He didn't have enough time to spend with him. I got him when he was 9 months old, so it was a little hard to socialize him at first.

You do have to approach him in a different way, but I've had him for 6 years and he's become a wonderful pet. I never let him out, but he never wants out anyway.

As for the accoridon, that's my other pride and joy!

Re: You will love this one.

Rubber bands on that thumb strap? I need to buy more veggies to get a good rubber band for mine.

Craig

Re: Re: You will love this one.

Yeah, I've shortened the strap, but my thumb is kinda small. The rubber band helps keep it in place. Luckily my mom's got hundreds of them lying around, so I never run out!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!