Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quick Time vs Windows Media

Can anyone tell me if Quick Time can be downloaded without the Quick Time program surplanting (kicking out) the Windows Media program? I've tried it a couple of times and my son always has to come over and re-install Windows Media. Can you have them both or do you have to have one or the other? I know this is not an accordion question, but it will help me view more instructional sites, like Wilson Savoy's previews. All help appreciated from a computer challenged seasoned citizen.
JB

Re: Quick Time vs Windows Media

I thought it would ask you "Your computer is currently using another media player for media files. Do you want to default to QuickTime?", or something like that. To which I say no.

Re: Re: Quick Time vs Windows Media

Open up the Quicktime player and choose edit/preferences/quicktime preferences.

Then choose file types and video, then uncheck anything that isn't quicktime ie. videos for windows, and anything else in the other sections you don't want quicktime to handle.

This setting decides what files you want Quicktime to open automatically.

These instructions are for QT 7.1, but earlier versions should be similar.

Re: Re: Re: Quick Time vs Windows Media

Thanks for the help to both of you. I am going to give the combined instructions a try.
JB

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!