Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cajun Music

Anyone know of any Cajun music being played in London June 5-7? I would appreciate any leads. Thanks in advance.

Kirk Menier

Re: Cajun Music

Hi Kirk,

You could google 'Cajun UK', and look at their gig list. Also check out Cecil Sharp House. Andy W will know more if he's still checking the board.

BJ

Re: Re: Cajun Music

What's the scene like over there? I know there's several respectable EU members on this board who could enlighten us as to if C & Z music is really a viable genre and sprouting roots in the UK?

I love how Europe has embraced reggae from the "git-go." So why not another relatively obscure genre such as Cajun & Zydeco?

"Big in Europe" and "Big in Japan" often begets a "wink", but I'm a late-70's new-wave/Spandex pop-rocker at heart, so I can't claim this music as my own neither. Europe has a wonderful way of digesting and re-distilling American music in a brand new light. Is that taking place or is it being kept close to the traditional vest?

R!CK

Re: Cajun Music

Planning a little trip?

Re: Re: Cajun Music

Hehehe... I need to make it out to Van Zandt County first before I head off into *any* direction! Well, okay, I AM going to Lake Charles this weekend...

Sorry Tennessee...

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!