Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photos from Balfa Camp 2007

If you're interested, here is a link to a mess of photos that I took during the week of the Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage week at Chicot State Park near Ville Platte, LA (April 2007). I hope that you enjoy these. There are a few Braves in these photos.

Rob K.

Re: Photos from Balfa Camp 2007

Great pictures, I plan on trying to print some of them for myself. However, you've got one small error in identifying the people in the pictures. In the photos of Ray Abshire at the Monday night dance you list Travis Abshire as the guitar player when it should be Brent Abshire. Not a big deal though, my brother and I have been mistaken for each other our whole lives.

Re: Re: Photos from Balfa Camp 2007

Awesome pics Rob. Thanks for sharing!
Now I remember who you are.

Brent, sorry man. An honest mistake. I'll fix the photo caption. Many thanks.

Rob K.

Re: Re: Re: Photos from Balfa Camp 2007

Not a problem, I'm just glad to get a picture from that night. I printed one of the pictures you took of us playing and it came out great. Thanks for posting them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Photos from Balfa Camp 2007

Hey ,Thanks, Robb, Those are great and they summon good memories!
Harlan

Re: Photos from Balfa Camp 2007

Great pictures Rob! Thanks for having it together enough to take photos! Got any more?

Janet

Janet, these are most of my photos. I have a few extra tho' some are a bit out of focus. You know, I got home and kept thinking..I should-a taken more photos of the jams, the classes, the volunteers, the kids, etc. Oh well, more photo ops next year.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!