Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Little Chenier

Here is some lagniappe email I've been receiving for anyone interested:

The Lafayette (Broussard) Premiere of "Little Chenier" sold out so quickly, they had to open up two more screens for us that night, the 23rd of May, @ 7:00 PM. So, if you don't have tickets yet, go get them before they are gone:

http://boxoffice.printtixusa.com/celebrity/movies?v=2762&dd=4

For those of you across the pond, our European Premiere is @ the Declaration of Independence Film Festival in London, June 1st and 3rd. For tickets and information go to:

http://www.declarationfilmfest.org/film_features.php
----- Original Message -----
To: BethanyAshtonWolf@littlechenier.com
Sent: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:33:58 -0600
Subject: Re: Cajun Country

Hey Bethany,

I'm not sure of the region but Lafayette is about 70 miles east of Lake Charles, LA. on I-10.

To: nelson_trahan@wildblue.net
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 11:40 PM
Subject: Re: Cajun Country

Hey Nelson,
We would love to share this film with everyone, especially those with connections to Little Chenier. The film hasn't been released to the public yet; we are still doing the festival circuit. Write us back and let us know what region you live in, and we will let you know if there are going to be any screenings in that area. We are hoping to eventually have the film released in theatres and on DVD as well.
thanks for your interest and support.
To: BethanyAshtonWolf@littlechenier.com
Sent: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 23:01:14 -0600
Subject: Cajun Country

Hi,

My name is Nelson Trahan. My mom, Celestine Frederick, was raised at Little Chenier. I regret not taking her back there, while she was alive, to get a feel for what it was like for her living there.

I would dearly love to see this movie and eventually own the DVD.

Are there any plans to bring it to theaters in cajun country? I'm located in Jeanerette, about 30 miles south of Lafayette.

Thanks,

Nelson Trahan

Re: Little Chenier

Forgot to mention the site: www.littlechenier.com

HELLO BETHANY I WAS IN THE MOVIE AS A BYSTANDER IN THE BAR SCENE, WHEN WILL THE MOVIE ACTUALLY BE OUT? WE CAN'T WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT, NY DAUGHTER WAS THERE AND SHE GOT YOUR AUTOGRAPH AND TOOK PICTURES WITH YOU. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REMEBER HER? ANY WAY WE ARE VERY EXCITED ABOUT THE MOVIE COMING OUT WE HAD A BLAST.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!