Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Archive Aid 4

I apologize if the following promotion offends anyone, but this Saturday is the 4th annual Archive Aid benefit.

For those of us interested in Cajun culture and music, this is an important resource and a worthwhile cause.

For more information, please refer to the link above.

Hope to see many braves there.

JtO

Re: Archive Aid 4

Nice blog by the way, I just bookmarked it for future reference. How long has it been up? The link to the Accordion Rules article seems to be broken
- Bob

Re: Re: Archive Aid 4

The blog is relatively new. I've been working on set up for a few weeks, but I went live last week.

Thanks for the heads-up on the broken link. I'll fix it right away.

Jude

Re: Re: Re: Archive Aid 4

R W, The link is fixed now. Thanks again for the heads-up.

And I should mention that if any braves have suggestions or ideas for entries, I'd love to hear them.

The first set of tablature & lyrics will go up tomorrow. In deference to fellow beginners, I've chosen Iry's Convict Waltz. I'm not sure about the 2nd set, but I'm open to suggestions.

Jude

Re: Re: Re: Re: Archive Aid 4

Jude,
Great article. Thanks for the update. A great idea to post some of the tablature. I will try them as soon as the neighborhood wakes up around here.
Bob O'M>

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!