Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Zydeco Dance Lessons

Where are you? There are tapes out there that are terrific if you are not near a place where there are Zydeco dances. But if you are, just show up, ask someone to dance and they will gladly show you the steps.

Re: Re: Zydeco Dance Lessons

I am in Lake Charles, LA. I go to alot of cajun dances but not everyone knows how to zydeco dance. I know how to dance traditional jitterbug, but I want to change it up a little. I love how the dance makes it look like you are floating on the floor.

Re: Re: Re: Zydeco Dance Lessons

Hey Chief, you live right in Zydeco central you lucky guy. Go to Harold Guillory's web site above and check it out. His videos are the way to learn the real deal Zydeco and his TV program is one I wish we got up here in the NE but we don't. Then you can try out your moves at all the local clubs or head east to Lafayette or West to Houston. Dance on.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Zydeco Dance Lessons

Don't buy the tape you live in Zydeco heaven.You can always tell who learned from that tape, they all got the same dance moves and look silly.

Go to the Zydeco dances and find a lil black woman to teach you.

Re: Zydeco Dance Lessons

Hey there crewchief. I live in Leblue settlement(iowa) If you are ever at a zydeco me and my girlfriend would be more than happy to teach you a step or two.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!