Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Diatonic Accordion lessons SE Pennsylvania

JJ
Both Johnny Ace and Keith are awesome box players but if you havent checked out the Dirk Powell videos, they are where most folks start.

Also, another must see stop is Big Nick, who posts here has lessons on the web. The link is above.

Zydecoach has a link, also posted above.

There is a lively and growing Cajun music scene in the Delaware Valley. Johnny pointed out Keiths session in Lambertville, but Keith also hosts one at the Mermaind Inn in the Mount Airy section of Philadelphia on the first Tuesday of each month. The Lambertville session is on the 2nd Wednesday of each month.
As a beginner box player myself, I have gotten tons of support from both Keith and Johnny over the last year.

Re: Re: Diatonic Accordion lessons SE Pennsylvania

Hey,

I'll be playing a show in Milford, PA in August. Is that near you? Feel free to drop be.

Nick B

Re: Re: Diatonic Accordion lessons SE Pennsylvania

Hi - I know this is an old thread but I am struggling and would like lessons, too. Liberty Bellows had no Cajun instructor. I'm in Phila area in Montgomery Cty. willing to travel -- tried calling Keith's # on this thread buy just rang and rang. Will keep trying though. - video tape OK but still need help

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!