Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My New Martin in C

I picked her up on Memorial Day. Junior knew I was going to be in town, so he finished it up on Monday evening for me. It was storming outside, so he even had a candle set up just in case his electricity went out. If necessary, he was ready to finish it by the light of a single candle. That's the kind of guy Junior Martin is.

She's made out of Birdseye Maple. Unfortunately, the birdseye markings don't come out well in any of my photographs. This is the best one.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: My New Martin in C

I love your box.. GREAT choice of wood and maker.. this is a family heirloom !

nice going.. GLENN

Wow. Great wood. Beautiful. Did I say wow?

Hal

Re: Re: My New Martin in C

Glenn & Hal,
Many thanks. I've been strutting around like a proud papa since Monday night.

Re: Re: Re: My New Martin in C

Great choice of wood, I have a fiddle made of that maple and it truly is an awsome material. I like your site too!

Nice box, thanks for sharing. Jr. is building me one as we speak, can't wait.

Someone else on this board (R!ck maybe?) said that the best thing about doing business with Junior is that you get both a great accordion and his friendship, too.

It's absolutely true.

Hey Jude O,
Great looking box, that one looks like it can play itself! Love the 2 tone color look. Congrats!

Wow! dig it! Jr. is totally "stand up!: Congrats! Hope ya git 'Nicky' ta lick dat! Ha! .....t

Re: Re: Re: My New Martin in C

Absolute beauty! 'Love the colour scheme!

Re: Re: Re: Re: My New Martin in C

Thanks. The color scheme came from an accordion I saw in Junior's shop. It was one he had made for his daughter. Mine is virtually the same except his daughter's had a crawfish on the bellows and mine doesn't.

So, I can't take any credit for coming up with the color scheme. All I did was recognize a beauty and order one for myself!

JtO

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My New Martin in C

Two words---MMMM MMMM!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!