Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Hope for Bryan

Bryan, don't give up. If that can be of encouragement, my wife was born in Quebec city, but her family moved to Halifax Nova Scotia when she was very young. Her father switched to English in the house, and they were in a total English environment outside (school, street, etc.). My wife always spoke to her family in English. Despite that complete English immersion, her mother (my mother in law) never stopped speaking to her in French, event her daughter always responded in English. When we met, my wife could barely speak French. However, the language was all in her brains.... We moved to Montreal (French environment) and we started speaking French at home.. within a few months, something in her brain unlocked and she became fully bilingual. Today (19 years later), one would be challenge to say what is her mother's tongue, when she speaks French or English.
So the moral is: Never give up and continue with your drops in the buckets, someday the bucket will fill up.
Maz

Re: Hope for Bryan

"Never give up and continue with your drops in the buckets, someday the bucket will fill up."

Now that should be patented Maz. Non, moi j'va jamais lacher la langage ou la couture.

Re: Re: Hope for Bryan

S'long as them drops ain't tears! Ha! Yeah, Bryan -- looking forward to moving beyond this matrimonial month and getting back on track with another fine eve of chanky chankin' with ya. Which of course, includes some of your Francophication and Pearl pops with da foam on top! Sit tight... and pull right!

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!