Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Triple Row questions

Glen as ususal pretty much said it all. GCF is a fine key to get and you have lots of options in keys to play in that configuration. First step is to go to Wilson Savoy's site above and get Corey Ledet's 3 row DVD. I think that the triple, whole it looks daunting is in many ways easier to learn than the single row. Corey's lesson on Zydeco Boogaloo gets you using all three rows and while he doesn't explain the theory it will become apparant once you start fooling round with it. That is really the fun thing with the triple. You always learn something on it every time you pick it up.

Re: Re: Re: Triple Row questions

heheh.. yes.. triple row is easier than single row.. since you can think of playing on pull much of the time..and the chord possibilities are very satisfying.

I love zydeco mantra riffs on a single row.. but somehow they can sound more carefully executed on a triple row.. dunno why !

G.

Re: Triple Row questions

Check out Claude's Dino Baffetti for sale. Now that's a fine triple row.

Re: Re: Triple Row questions

Yea you right. If I didn't already have a GCF I would have grabbed it. Somebody please give it a good home and play it!!!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!