Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Irish Accordion Music

Spent the weekend in Killarney Ireland drinking Guinness beer, eating Irish stew and listening to Irish folk music in the local pubs. These fellas play the two row soooo fast it is unbelievable. Took a little video and plenty of pics. Unlike Cajun music, the accordion and fiddle play the entire song. Had to tear myself away around midnight to prepare for my flight to London. There, I will search for more accordion music. Oh! Of course, drink plenty of the local beer.

Re: Irish Accordion Music

Hey that's pretty neat. I figured you were planning a Europe safari. If you notice some of the older Cajun music, they also played together the whole songs, Denus McGee/Amedie Ardoin, Octa Clark/Hector Duhon are some.

You didnt get play in with any?

Re: Re: Irish Accordion Music

Enjoy yourself Kirk.
Get on Stage and show them how great you play and sing cajun music.
Kent

Re: Irish Accordion Music

Did you find any music in London, Kirk?
Did you find any Londoners???

BJ

Re: Re: Irish Accordion Music

Did not find any Cajun music in London. We did find Menier Chocolate Factory however. Had a couple of beers and of course a browny/icecream dessert with, of course, Chocolate Menier sauce. Met the owner who is from New Zealand who opened the business 3.5 yrs ago. Treated us as royalty. Having a wonderful time NOT having to think about work. Can't wait for Wednesday for the jam at Kent Lavigne's. Having a case of the DT's.

Cheers.
Kirk Menier

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!