Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Music in Europe

Chuck,

you should bring an accordion to Europe, and sell it here. You might get better prices and help one of the cajun player here. You got plenty of time to arrange it. If you come to the Netherlands, we could organise a jam too.....

Gus

Music in Europe

Hey Chuck,

We have a couple of cajun jams a month here in London - sometimes three in one month.
Firstly we play at a great old pub near London Bridge called The George - every third monday of the month except December.
We also jam at Cecil Sharp House in Camden, north London - 1st Friday of the month - major cajun bands in the main hall and us 'would-be' cajun musicians playing in the bar.

Also just started a Sunday afternoon jam in a pub in North London - not sure how this will progress, but put the above in your diary and look forward to seeing you then.

Regards

Andy W

Re: Music in Europe

I've been too busy to stop by this board and I've been missing it. Chuck, I'll be living in Paris as of January 2008, running "Cajun Fridays" out of a restaurant there--cooking class, dinner, and dance with live music. I've got some other ideas, too. E-mail me personally before you head off on your trip and I'll invite you out to something fun!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!