Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My new Martin D box was waiting for me when I got home today.

I'm so excited I can't hardly stand it! I got my new Martin today when UPS left it on the porch. Man does it ever have a sound and is loud compared to what I been playing on. The buttons are light on the touch and t he response of the bellows is almost overwhelming for me. I'm going to have to get use to having all this power. I just thought my little asian boxes was like holding a Briggs and Stratton motor in my lap. This is like holding a big block chevy in your lap while I'm play, man what power! I've never got to play or even hold a good box for that matter. Jr was right when he said if I could do ok with a chinese box that this one would almost play itself. I guess now I'm going to have to order me a C and a Bb.

Re: My new Martin D box was waiting for me when I got home today.

Bruce,

Major congratulations!

Your musical life will never be the same!

So, what brand have you graduated from?

--Big

I have two boxes which I bought off of ebay last year which I know to this forum would be a joke. One a Morelli in D which I really liked and the other a Hohner Ariette in C. I will say this though that through working out some tunes on these and being able to play them in the public encouraged me because of people liking what I was doing with some old bluegrass tunes on the cajun box. Going to Marc Savoy's jam last month was all it took to push me over the edge and invest in a better box. I've picked banjos that cost over $10,000.00 and found that some $1000.00 banjos played and sounded just as well. But when I went to Marc's and heard the difference in my accordions and those guys that were playing the Acadian boxes, I knew I was about to spend some money. I still want me an Acadian box, but I also spent a bunch of time on the phone with Junior since last year talking it up. I'm glad I did it and will do it again probably before the year is up. Bruce

Re: Re: My new Martin D box was waiting for me when I got home today.

Congratulations Bruce ! There is no doubt that you will be amazed how much your abilities will grow with this box ! Enjoy !

Re: Re: Re: My new Martin D box was waiting for me when I got home today.

Congratulations Bruce! Will there be pictures coming soon? I think we'd all love to see your new addition!

I would if I could figure out how to post a pic on here. Tomorrow maybe I can figure it out. Bruce

Re: Re: My new Martin D box was waiting for me when I got home today.

If all else fails, email a picture to me and I'll be glad to post it for you.

JtO

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!