Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Big Yellow Book

If you're referring to Raymond Francois's Ye Yaille, Chere!, you can find it on Amazon.com. See link #2. The list price is $40, but Amazon offers it for $30. Plus, there are currently some used ones available for less money through Amazon's network of independent sellers.

One thing to remember about Francois's book, though, is that the musical scores are for violin, not accordion. That was a bit of a disappointment to me since I'm not overly educated in music and am not completely sure how to "convert" the scores for violin into something usable for accordion.

But the history of the songs and the lyrics make the book invaluable.

Jude

Re: Re: The Big Yellow Book

I like the Big Yellow Book very much.
The notation is for violin, but the stories and the lyrics are very useful. The stories are also nice to read. The lyrics are written down in French and English but you can handle with French, Maz ?
Buying that book, Maz.

Re: Re: Re: The Big Yellow Book

Thanks man. I just ordered my copy through Amazon.
Bien oui je comprend le français et le cajun. Je suis 1/2 Québécois et 1/2 Acadien!

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Big Yellow Book

I hope your not two accordionplayers in one body

Re: The Big Yellow Book

Raymond’s book is an absolute treasure trove of info regarding Cajun music and IMO a must have especially if you are interested in learning lyrics, arrangements and little tid bits of info associated with the tunes. I bought my copy from amazon.com and bought a “used” one for about half the price. There was absolutely no noticeable difference b/w the “used” copy I received and a brand new one.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!