Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
boss micro br

boss micro br
does recording
as well as being a portable 4 track
digital studio!
for about $225
smaller than the edirol type units too

wle.

Re: Recording Device for Augusta

Here are my thoughts after 4 years of Augusta classes:

Some instructers strongly discourage recording, as it takes your head out of the moment and gets you thinking about your equipment etc. instead of really focusing on what's going on. I'd make sure you work this out in advance.

In one class, one student was the "dedicated recorder" and later shared copies with those who wanted them.

Audio recorders are far less intrusive, and you can turn 'em on and ignore them. I've got an Olympus WS-300M for this purpose.

Many instructers, and staff, will meet with you one on one outside class to show you things and let you video this for your later use. This for me was more functional than trying to record a whole 2 hour class.

I consider recording like playing the Tee Fer (note the email address):

Get permission, go forth gently, and make sure you stay in the background.

And most importantly: Oh, man are you gonna love Augusta! Barring rising creeks etc. see you in a few weeks.

Chuck S.

Re: Re: Recording Device for Augusta

Don't forget, where ever you walk at Augusta, it's uphill.
Steve

Re: Re: Re: Recording Device for Augusta

Yikes! I was going to bring my bicycle. Not for tooling around campus but for riding in the morning before class. Is it THAT hilly??????

Re: Recording Device for Augusta

West by God Virginny! They don't call them Ridge Runners for nothing. Beautiful, wild, and wonderful. Steep ridges and deep caves. You will get exercise walking.

Craig

Re: Re: Recording Device for Augusta

The story goes, if everybody grabbed a corner of WV and stretched it flat, it would be bigger than Texas.
Steve

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!