Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: the fine points of a LA made box

I used to be into fine woodworking (Used to be?...hey a guy can't do everything) and I do appreciate the details in hand work of every kind. That is one of the reasons I use Leica cameras. I take all of your comments about the Gabbanelli to heart, Claude, and plan on saving my pennies to eventually buy an LA box. In the mean time, I needed something "better" than a Hohner 114 to learn with and happened to get a great deal on the Gabbanelli. I doubt I would have paid the full retail for one. Because I know that I could have found a used Acadian, Miller, Bon Ton, or (prayers come true) a Point Noir for not too much more. Hell, I have a Leica asperical 24mm lens that cost me $2400 used! I am not reluctant to pay for quality.

You think the people at the Saturday morning jam at Savoy Music would turn me away with my Gabb? Hmmm. Maybe I need to talk to Mr. Martin.

Re: Re: the fine points of a LA made box

They wouldn't turn you away, me they will, fer shure .

Re: Re: Re: the fine points of a LA made box

That would be silly and snobish.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!