Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Once again, Martin C., vintage Savoy C for sale...

I have pictures of the black, well-worn Martin now. And the Savoy is once again offered, after the original buyer had a financial problem.

Martin: 1997 black, lacquer finish -- they have poly finishes now. Binci reeds, crawdad, red inside bellows. Lots and lots and lots of wear and mojo.

I played this accordion for hours a day for many, many years, it was my best friend through thick and thin.

Tuned and structurally sound. Pearl buttons. Mic attachment. I'll include the mic -- new, and unused for another 100 bucks. I can ship it form Tokyo, or bring it back to Sacramento in July and ship it form there. $950 plus shipping. You won't find a better sounding Martin accordion, period.

Savoy C. Old, old, old. Salpa #3s -- for those that know -- installed and tuned by R. Falcon. Very clean and has that vintage Monarch/Sterling/Eagle Brand tone in spades.

Wilson Savoy played it at his seminar in Berkeley two year go, and loved it. He should, it is a stupendous accordion for a collector or someone who appreciates vintage tone. $1,600 plus shipping. It is in Sacamento, I won't be back until 7/24.

I have pics of the Martin here.

ytmq945@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Re: Once again, Martin C., vintage Savoy C for sale...

You are a devil to tempt us so. I hope whoever gets the Savoy box doesn't just put it on a shelf.

I'll have to pass right now, but the idea is bumping around in my brain like a fast two-step.

Re: Re: Once again, Martin C., vintage Savoy C for sale...

If you like vintage tones, this is the one...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!