Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Martin Coming

Even though I have to wait until the end of July, its worth the wait. Its like ageing fine wine.

Re: Re: New Martin Coming

Is Jr. getting backed up or something ? A couple of years ago, he was turning them out in several weeks, but I know he was cutting alot of frames and parts a head of time... I do know that the number of accordion builders is now around 23... that might have something to do with it. More demand and less supply ??

Re: New Martin Coming

Don't know if Jr. is getting backed up or not. I know his grandson Joel is helping him. Joel can play very well and also gives lessons. He knows what he is talking about when you discuss accordions with him. He will probably carry on the name in the future.

I think Jr. just has a lot of orders in front of him. He showed me a table full of frames ready to go in the back along with several units in various stages of completion in the front. All these accordions are sold. I couldn't talk him into selling me any of them. (darnit) As he said, a lot of people are placing orders now for Christmas.

Let me just say both Jr. and Joel are very fine people who will sit down and talk to you about anything you want to talk about, from music to golf to accordion building to life around Lafayette etc. The fact that they build world class accordions has no bearing on their personalities. Just regular folk like me and you. Jr. invited me to drop by and visit anytime! I think I will follow the progress of my new accordion as it is being built.

And this latest scoop!! Jimmy Breaux may be squeezing a Martin in the future. He is thinking of replacing his D (which is a red Gros Bec brand) with a Martin. But said he needs to sell the one he has first.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!