Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: RESPECT

Claude:

Where can I buy one of your handmade, single-row accordions?

AR

Do wha?! Heh? I was just thinkin' how nice it is for Opelousas to stick up for Eunice.

But I'll underscore this endless debate by saying Randy Falcon loves his miters. It's a selling point with him. But what's more important to me is the flat-corner on the finger board and the huge bass box grip. Plus the fact that Randy's boxes are air-F'n-tighter than the greenhouse effect.

So if I were to pick on the way accordions are built, I'd be more inclined to address these functionality issues over something cosmetic. But then again, I'm a musician and not a wood craftsman. And that's probably the crux of it all. The majority of folks on this board play music and don't build instruments. I know there are a few inspiring craftsmen and well-established builders here and it's always an honor to hear from them on building issues. But most of us want to glean advice on how to create music.

So therefore, if you're not interested in mitters, miters, mitres or booty joints, just remember, [Ben Kenobi] "These are not the droids you're looking for."

Although, ya gotta admit... those "mitters" are full-on bling, baby! Ha!

Butt, all that aside, it's once again beerthirty. So let's raise a glass/can/bottle/keg to salut this eternal and picayune debate.

CHEERS! and R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

R!CK

Re: RESPECT

...I hate to admit it, but Claude I've missed you on this forum...

...when the world's a circus, it's nice to know that we can depend on a one-trick pony for entertainment...

Doc

Re: Re: RESPECT

Hey Marc

That's why we have a love and hate relationship.

We should be married .

Cheers.

Say bruddah, gotta take a screen shot of that message...
Coup de gras, mon ami.

Touche

R!CK

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!