Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My latest acquisition...

For the past while, I had kind of been on the lookout for a deal on a FBbEb 3-row... I found a Panther on Ebay that had the reeds substituted from GCF to FBbEb from a Corona II and at a fair price ($325 Canadian + shipping)... There's nothing fancy about a Panther, but again the quality/price ratio of this box is hard to beat, the feedback I've ready about this box has always been satisfactory, and this 3-row will not be my main instrument anyway, so there you go. I look forward to getting it. Now I need to get the Corey Ledet dvd and try to figure this thing out. I've never played the 3-row.
The last thing I will be buying now is a one-row in Bb...
Does anyone has links to YouTube or the like for basic 3-row techniques to share?

Re: My latest acquisition...

I assume that you want to learn how to play Zydeco on your 3 rows.

I was using as an example for my learning with a youtube video of Roy Carrier playing at the German club in the States. There is 3or4 You tube short videos of his playing, one of witch features a 1 row box.

Roy plays in GCF mostly, but at least , the videos will give you an " apercu" of his style of playing and his row crossing technique and cording.

You'll notice also how little air roy uses playing, as the bellows on his accordion hardly moves.

A sure sign of a pro player.

Wilson S, on the C. Ledet tape has added a " neat" way of changing the key of GCF to FBbEB and vice versa.

On one of your earlier posts you mentionned your interest in learning on how to play Quebec Music on the i row.

As you may know Quebec accordeonistes use the 3 rows extentively in their instrument repertoire.

Infortunatly your 3 rows key wont do for that type of music, ADG yes, GCf sometimes.

But you can always try, again to get different good "deals" for different keys.

Like David, you'll learn to love your 3 rows.

Claude.

Re: My latest acquisition...

Don't forget Senior Maestro free software. It covers scales, runs, and chords on triple row. Karlitos Way has it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!