Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Liberty Theater broadcast

Sorry, hit return by mistake. Anyway, Anyone knows what happened last night at the Liberty theater? Tuned in to KRVS as usual, the sponsors were anounced, but what was aired was the Amede collection - no live broadcast. Thought maybe some technical difficulties, but the next show came on an hour and a half later as usual. Didn't hear any announcement as to what was going on.
Steve

Re: Re: Liberty Theater broadcast

I think there must have been a technical glitch. Usually, 1490 AM in Eunice also airs the show live.

When I realized that KRVS wasn't broadcasting from the Liberty, I switched to 1490, but they were airing an old show from a few months ago.

Since neither station had it, I'm guessing there was a glitch.

Jude

Re: Re: Liberty Theater broadcast

The air conditioning system went out Friday, so Saturday's show had to be cancelled. Next Saturday, Terry Huval has organized another Old Tyme Country Show to benefit the Liberty. The show will be at the Heymann Performing Arts Center in Lafayette (no show in Eunice). I'm assuming there won't be a live broadcast from the Heymann, so the next live show from Eunice will be July 7.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!