Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Craig,

Exactement, avec précision!

AR

Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Antoine,

Your model is fine for Wal-Mart, and has some applications in the nitch markets.

But nitch markets usualy cater to the whims of the customer, that is how flyrods, guitars, shotguns, violins and yes even accordions evolve to meet the demands of the user.

However, in the end it is the builder who dictates the construction, because he puts his name and reputation on the product.

Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

That is precisely my point my friend.

It is the producer that determines what to produce based upon his/her understanding and ability of how to meet the needs of an identified targeted market.

And if the producer doesn't want to make a box with mitered corners and you want mitered corners--then you need to find someone that builds to your taste,or accept what the builder produces or not make a purchase at all.

I was just bored with the tiresome rant of the miters versus box ends.

What song you playing these days?

AR

Re: Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

You seem to have a very good business education but you are sure not knowledgeable about building accordions and the small market they are sold in.

Re: Re: Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Joe,

business education, me? Eh, not so much...

Everything I know, I learned at my blessed mother's knee...and other low joints.

AR
aka 'L'il Ant-knee

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Dam! That explains it then. It was all a lot of BS.
Very understandable! Get a life.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Hey Joe:

It is more along the lines of the BS as in Bachelor of Science... by the way,my life is quite nice, thanks for the your concern though.

AR

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Wow! You to college and this is the best you can do.

You need serious help.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Joe:

You win. It is obvious to everyone that I just can't keep with you in a serious discussion of the economics of any business.

AR

Re: On-line MBA in Accordion businesses....right here

Antoine,

I will bend this thread a bit to discuss the music in my local area. Here is north central Indiana the standard Folk, Irish, Cowboy and Country tunes prevail. Mostly guitar, banjo, and fiddle stuff, with dulcimers and penny whistles etc.

Cajun is rather rare and as a beginner accordion player I am not adding much to it growth. One of the problems with my musician freinds is they have a hard time adjusting to the fact that the cords coming from the accordion may not be the correct ones for the song. I am sure I am not alone.

Tnx
RPr

Off topic--two paths... the one less traveled

RPr:

North Central IN? Amish country? Elkhart, Mishawaka, Shipshawana, Goshen, Howe, Orland???

God's country, and evrything is ripening.

AR

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!