Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice pedal steel guitar...

That pedal steel guitar in the picture above is made by Excel Instruments, owned by Mr. Mitsuo Fujii here in Tokyo. It is a fantastic and much sought after instrument.

They cost about four grand new. Junior Martin wanted one really badly, and because I thought he was my friend, I contacted Mr. Fujii who I have known for many years, and got that guitar for Junior for free.

Fujii-san would not have known Junior from Adam if I hadn't used up all of my chips with him to get that guitar for zip, cause I said Junior was a famous musician and should be an endorser.

Never got any thanks for the $4,000 guitar from Junior, and when I wanted to replace my D box, Junior said he was busy, and I'd have to wait two months and pay the full-pop two grand if I wanted one. Go figure...

Re: Nice pedal steel guitar...

You can delete this post, no problem, it's probably not appropriate. It just irritated the hell out of me to see the pic above.

Re: Re: Nice pedal steel guitar...

One of the things I dislike about postings and emails,
you can't earse them after you sent them.

Sometimes when I am iritated about some thing and I write about it and
I let it set for a day or two. It gets the bitter feeling out of me and I
most times delete it.

No problem for me Tom, its deleted.

I hope to met Jr one day as I have one of his accordions and use to
play double neck Fender steel and Dobro.

Have a nice day.... Ed

editing posts

I believe the ability to edit your own posts is an option that can be turned on by the moderator.

It might be worth checking with Joan.

DP

Re: editing posts

I've searched through the utilities functions on various occasions, and have NOT found any way (YET) to allow forum participants to edit their posts here.

I now have a "ticket" into the Bravenet staff inquiring about this, so I'll just have to wait and see what they say.

Currently, if I delete one post in a thread, the ENTIRE thread goes with it. Not a suitable solution.

Re: Re: editing posts

Thanks for checking!

Gota be a different Jr. Martin than I know! There must be more to this story than you have posted.

Old Junior really showed his appredciation didn't he. Quiet a guy that Junior. From what I hear that's pretty typical behavior for him. The only thing I see bad on your part Tom is that you shoudn't lied for him because musically he's nowhere. No band no albums no CD's and he got a 4 grand instrument free. What a waste. I don't blame you for being turned off to cajun culture by the whole deal. That was pretty
crass of him. Man what a cheapo!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!