Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When everything is said and done!

Just saw the original post in this thread...

Having some free time yesterday afternoon I drove the 20 minutes from my house to Savoy Music Center -- totally unplanned -- to ask Marc to make an adjustment on my Acadian accordion. Marc came out from his workshop to greet me. We chatted a bit about a few personal things and when I got around to explaining why I was there, he sat and played my accordion for a few minutes. He quickly explained what adjustment was needed so that in a matter of minutes my accordion was playing and sounding as good as when I first bought it. Then, while I was talking with Tina Pilione about her latest Sterling Production CDs (2 volumes of recordings of Maurice Barzas and the Original Mamou Playboys playing Live at Snook's during the '60s, '70s and '80s -- great, by the way!) Marc headed back to continue at his worktable. For those wondering who will repair your Acadians when Marc retires, fortunately I don't think that will be happening any time soon! I feel very lucky to be able to visit Marc at his shop, as well as enjoy the Saturday morning jams as my time permits. What a genuine treasure he is.
Dale

Re: Re: When everything is said and done!

I agree. Marc is one of the crankiest, orneryest son of a guns you ever met. But If you are well met on that day, he is also one of the nicest fellas in Eunice. I've always had a great time chatting with Marc in the shop. (The one where he and Tina make the accordions) Marc as many others do, (and this has been discussed here before) apparently subs out a fair portion of the woodwork and then the rest is done in his shop.
As for mitered corners. Are ya'll still on that debate. Who really gives a rats ass. The darned thing is just a tool. A tool to make music. A pretty one albeit but a tool nonetheless.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!