Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CFMA Awards

I will interested to see what comes out of it all.
I am pleased to see CFMA making an effort to improve the voting process. In the past , it seemed to be
all politics instead of who actually did the best.
Maybe now the voters will actually listen to the music before casting their vote.
My 2 cents.
Jude Moreau

Re: CFMA Awards

Don't know if I'm asking you to break the rules, but can you post all the nominees? I'm sure everyone here would be interested. I know I am.
Steve

Re: Re: CFMA Awards

Don't think it would be a problem, but I just mailed
my ballot off and I can't remember all the names..
its not on the website either, maybe someone out there
that still has their ballot can post?

Re: Re: Re: CFMA Awards

Jude the politics will never be out of that voting process. Over the years I have seen too much favoritism in the awarding of awards and grants.

Re: Re: Re: Re: CFMA Awards

You're right that too much politics and personal agendas enter into any award process. But then again, recognition can be a very gray area. If everybody agreed on who deserved an award or grant, there would be no value in a voting process. Just give it to them. Not everybody is going to agree on who should or should not be included, or win. It's the subjectiveness that makes it interesting. In this case, what is Cajun and what isn't. Who plays player. Where's he/she from? It makes for interesting, and sometimes frustrating, debates. I do see a big plus with this category, and by it's very nature, help to keep it legit. Nobody is topping the charts domesticly or worldwide. That means there isn't a vested interest because there's no booco bucks involved. Something about booco bucks throws a wet blanket on everything. So as long as I know people like Pineleaf Boys have been included, then I'll smile at the fact Cajun music is being recognized. Sure, you can argue it's a popularity contest., but theres a reason why someone's popular. Look at it this way, Britney Spears is from La. As long as she's not included...

short attention span

Just realized I confused CFMA awards with the Grammys. Sheesh. Gonna hide in the corner now
Steve

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!