Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Diamond Accordions

Out of curiosity, I emailed them and asked for more pictures of the DIAMOND and they have been reluctant to do so. Any brand of italian reeds are top of the line. What I am saying is why pay 1600 for an unknown builders accordion when you can buy an ACADIAN, for 1895. The ACADIAN is in its 45th of production.

Re: Re: Diamond Accordions

I understand that and agree. I don't think it is Mr Thibodeaux selling the box anyway. It seems to be some guy who sells coins mostly. Probably got on trade or something. Maybe the box is worth it, but without more information...not a risk most people would take.

If Horace Thibodeaux or anyone who knows him reads this, it would be nice to hear something directly from him and some testimonials. We can always use another good box builder.

Enough,,, The End of the discussion for me

Re: Re: Re: Diamond Accordions

Hello, I am Horace Thibodeaux, accordion builder, Houston, Texas (originally from Eunice, La.), did you have a question re one of my accordions??
Thanks,
Diamond Accordions
Thib

Re: Re: Re: Diamond Accordions

Mr. Horace,

Are you still building accordions? And if so, what are your prices and if you have any photos of accordions that you have built....that would be great! Please upload the photos on here so we can see some of your accordions.

Thanks!

-R

Any brand of italian reeds are top of the line?

Any brand of italian reeds are top of the line? No, that is not true. Typically, each brand of Italian reeds comes in 3 grades, in decreasing levels of quality and price: #1 - hand made, #2 - hand finished (or "like hand made"), #3 commercial. There are different names applied, such as "a mano" for #1, and "tipo a mano" for #2, and so on, but the general rule applies.

And there are also the distinctions between brands which are often debated. This appears to be largely subjective, but you will hear statements made about Binci's being better than Salpa's or vice versa. It may be the case that some brands are inherently superior or inferior to other brands, as is true of any other kind of product. But I am not sufficiently knowledgable on the subject to say.

-David

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!