Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: A handmade from the other prairie

Good job.
Where are the other prairies?

Re: Re: Re: A handmade from the other prairie

Respect over here!

Good **** job, looks great.

What kind of metal did you use for the flapper arms?

I noticed Marc's and Larry's seem very similar. I haven't observed too many other accordions.

All I know is that Marc's flappers can be bent back into place very easily, but another box I have doesn't have easy bending flapper arms. I can't tell which is better.

Re: A handmade from the other prairie

That is a beautiful accordion! Looks more Quebecois style than cajun! Are you going to sell it or its twin?

Don

Yes cluneau(claude) we all know how much you luv those MITERS. enjoy!

Thanks for the comments guys. I will try to respond to everyones questions in this reply.
Gus,
The reeds are much brighter than my China box. I dont own or have access to a La. handmade so I dont know how they compare there. The Cagnoni and Antonelli is what Greg Mouton uses in his boxes. The buttons are hardwood dowel rod stock with brass rivets set in to the top. The buttons and stops are black enamel with clear polyurethane. Not worried about a brand name now just building a good box.
Opelousas,
I did not tune the reeds before, just out of the paper wrapper onto the reed blocks. I still have not done the final tune.
Maz,
The other prairie is in the midwest Mo.-Ks. Crazy place for a Cajun accordion builder!!
Jim,
Flapper arms are brass. I softened the ends of the arms to coin them for the screws but should have softened the whole length. They are really hard to adjust.Marc uses copper ground wire which will bend a bit easier. I considered copper but didnt want to spray paint them to look like brass.
Don,
The twin to this one will be for sale after this one goes through some testing. I want to get it in the hands of some folks that can really play and get their feedback. I want them to be right before the get put up for sale.
Hope I got everyones questions answered.
Thanks again,
Greg

WOW! Beautiful box Greg.

Tommee,
You are probably going to be my test bed. I need to get it tweaked and tuned and then I want to scoot over your way to twist your arm to play it. Hope all is well over that way.

Greg, it's awesome man ! I like the idea of using the curly as inlay... Now we need to hear it !! Way to go bro !

Maybe I can convince Tommee into doing a video with it. Maybe even post it on youtube.
Thanks,
Greg

Just sent you an email. I can't wait to see it and play it!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!