Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FS: Cajun Triangles

A bit off topic, but perhaps of interest to some of you folks. I have some really nice triangles for sale made by the master himself Donne Montoucet. They are all in the 9" size and made out of antique hay bailing tines. Apparently Don is no longer making these due to the fact he can't find the material. If you are interested just shoot me an email with an offer, would sell one, or can sell the whole lot.

Re: FS: Cajun Triangles

for what it's worth, these triangles are simply amazing. in the world of triangles, i guess the analogy would be the difference between an ariette and an acadian. the tone that donne's triangles ring out is simply awesome. get one, these are the last of a dying breed, no more hay tines to use to work with.....

roger

Re: Re: FS: Cajun Triangles

I got one of Larry's triangles said to be made out of hay tines. Would they be any different? I am not sure if he sells them any more or not.

Hal

Re: Re: Re: FS: Cajun Triangles

I've had one of Larry's (the rake tine ones) for several years, and it too has soul-stirring tone. I had heard that he didn't have a source for that metal anymore, but that's just a rumor.

I'll soon be able to compare the too, since I just ordered one of the Don Montoucet ones: not because I don't love Larry's 'tit fer, but because I want to make sure I have one of the good ones in case anything happens to the one I already have.

A little greedy I guess

If you have any don montoucet triangles left I would love to buy one from you. 337-654-8113

Toby! What's up my brother! I hope he still has some for sale.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!