Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FS: Cajun Triangles

for what it's worth, these triangles are simply amazing. in the world of triangles, i guess the analogy would be the difference between an ariette and an acadian. the tone that donne's triangles ring out is simply awesome. get one, these are the last of a dying breed, no more hay tines to use to work with.....

roger

Re: Re: FS: Cajun Triangles

I got one of Larry's triangles said to be made out of hay tines. Would they be any different? I am not sure if he sells them any more or not.

Hal

Re: Re: Re: FS: Cajun Triangles

I've had one of Larry's (the rake tine ones) for several years, and it too has soul-stirring tone. I had heard that he didn't have a source for that metal anymore, but that's just a rumor.

I'll soon be able to compare the too, since I just ordered one of the Don Montoucet ones: not because I don't love Larry's 'tit fer, but because I want to make sure I have one of the good ones in case anything happens to the one I already have.

A little greedy I guess

If you have any don montoucet triangles left I would love to buy one from you. 337-654-8113

Toby! What's up my brother! I hope he still has some for sale.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!