Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Hebert & Crown Accordions

Does anyone have any knowledge about or a phone number for John Clifton Hebert? Is he still building his Crown Accordions?

Re: John Hebert & Crown Accordions

John Clifton Hebert
"Crown"
Rt. 2, Box 277D
Maurice, La. 70555
(337) 984-3345

GIVE IT A TRY, NOT SURE IF ITS UP TO DATE

Re: Re: John Hebert & Crown Accordions

Albert,
Thanks, but I already tried that phone number. No luck.

I own a Crown that I bought from Mr. Hebert's son (Mike) years & years ago. I even have a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Mr. Hebert dated October 1, 1992.

However, I just started taking lessons 2 years ago with the great Jimmy Breaux, but that's a different story---I can't believe I owned it that long before getting serious about it.

Anyway, I just talked to Mr. Hebert's son who confirmed his dad passed away 5 years ago. Mike stated it was good to know that people still talk about his dad's accordions. He told me his dad built accordions as a hobby. "Just for something to do" Mr. Hebert was a retired school bus driver. Mike is not sure how many accordions his dad built, but he did tell me Beau Jocque had purchased one from Mr. Hebert.

Also, Mr. Hebert and Jr. Martin were very good friends and would sometimes build accordions together. Mike Hebert said if anyone needs work done on their Crown, Mr. Junior would gladly do the work. Coincidently, I did take my Crown to Jr. last year for a tuning. Junior said Mr. Clifton was a very nice fellow and I had a good accordion. I believe him!!!

Re: Re: John Hebert & Crown Accordions

Calgiro,
That's sad news, but thanks for letting us know about Mr. Hebert and his passing.

JtO

I have an accordion I believe is made by Mr. Hebert. It is a Crown french/cajun accordion. I inherited it from my father. It has hardly been played. I do not have a case for it, should I? I have it sitting out. I do play the regular accordion, and have tried to play and can make some sense of it but not fully. I plan to in the future.
However, my question is this....when I move the accordion or flip it...I hear something inside rolling around. It plays well, but I didn't know if I should get it looked at or not...and who do I bring it to?
Thanks

John E. Doucet in the Church Point, LA area can help you. Doucet Accordions, 337-886-5377.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!